ARE YOU AND YOUR NEW CAR THE PERFECT FIT?
There’s a new trend among car buyers here at Bridge Garage of Wymondley – bringing along a prized possession to see if it fits in a much-wanted vehicle.
So far, we have had work tools and wheelchairs, prams and pushchairs and dogs and their dog beds, golf bags and fishing equipment.
This weekend we even had a hockey goalkeeper bring in her kit to see if it would sit comfortably in the boot of the car she had her eye on.
We have a wide selection of vehicle on our garage forecourt, with prices to suit all pockets.
Situated between Hithchin and Stevenage, we are conveniently placed just of the A1(M).
All our cars leave valeted, MOT’d, with a pre-delivery inspection and six months mechanical breakdown insurance warranty. Drive-away insurance is also available.
Within two hours, most cars can be driven away without a backward glance.
So, why not pop along to have a chat with Tony or Garry – they have their tape measures to hand and will be happy to accommodate your wishes and dimension requests!
10 REASONS WHY CHECKING YOUR CAR'S TYRE PRESSURE IS NOT A LOAD OF HOT AIR
Having the correct inflation pressure in your vehicle’s tyres not only optimises its performance, it also keeps you safe on the road. It’s a simple check but one that could, ultimately, save your life as well as the pounds in your pocket.
Here are 10 top ‘need-to-know’ facts…
1. You should check your tyre pressures at least once a month – and always before a long journey. Having the correct pressure aids road grip and improves those braking distances.
2. The recommended tyre pressure levels for front and rear tyres vary. If you’re not sure what your tyre pressures should be, or even how to check tyre pressure, ask a garage that does! They should be happy to help!
3. Driving with incorrect tyre pressures can impact badly on the handling of your vehicle. Nobody wants a road accident – especially one that could have easily been avoided.
4. High tyre pressure can cause reduced comfort, less grip, greater risk of impact tyre damage and reduced stability in braking and cornering.
5. Low tyre pressure, on the other hand, can cause increased fuel consumption, more air pollution and shorter tyre life. It can lead to deterioration that could even result in a rapid deflation.
6. You can face a fine of up to £2,500 per tyre for having illegal tyres – plus three penalty points. Not cool!
7. Tyres must be correctly inflated to the vehicle manufacturer's recommended pressure. To check your tyre inflation pressures you will need a tyre pressure gauge or use the gauge on the inflation equipment found at petrol stations.
8. Details of the correct pressures can normally be found in your owner's manual or sometimes inside the petrol cap, inside the door shuts or under the bonnet. In most cases, two different sets of pressures are given:
– For 'normal' driving conditions.
– For a loaded vehicle (with extra people or heavy items on board).
9. The Tyre Safety Companion, a new smart phone app from tyre safety group TyreSafe, is set to help even more drivers stay safe on the road in 2015 after being named as one of the best motoring apps for 2015 by leading motoring magazine Auto Express. For more, visit www.tyresafe.org
10. Not sure of the correct tyre pressures for your vehicle? Richard and Jeremy run www.getagriptyres.co.uk, a mobile tyre service that offers puncture repair, in the Stevenage area, for all makes and models of cars and small commercial vehicles up to 3.5 ton. Richard says: ‘We happily come to your home, company premises or work site, in Stevenage and its surrounding areas. We also provide a roadside tyre breakdown service.’
TIPS FOR BUYING A PRE-OWNED CAR
Purchasing a pre-owned vehicle should always be a stress-free experience. The ingredients for a sound purchase are:
• Love for the car
• Trust in the dealer
• Confidence in your decision
Add to this, some good motoring advice from the team at Bridge Garage of Wymondley and their excellent customer service, then that formula – from viewing the vehicle for the very first time to buying it and beyond – will always be a successful one. And it needn’t make a dent in your piggy bank, either – especially as all our vehicles are always carefully selected, well prepped and price checked.
Here at Bridge Garage – based near Hitchin – every vehicle leaves us valeted, MOT’d, with a pre-delivery inspection and six months’ mechanical breakdown insurance warranty.
Now, isn’t that peace of mind this ?
Drive-away insurance is also available so, within two hours, most cars can be driven away without a backward glance!
With some 50-plus years’ experience in the motor industry, the team here in Hertfordshire, understands the stress involved in buying a car.
Below, we offer some top tips to making buying your dream car less of a ‘bumpy ride’…
Firstly, what type of car do you want? You need to think about who is going to use it, for what purpose and how often. There’s little point in looking at a Smart car if you are a family of four. Now the summer is fast approaching, perhaps you have your heart set on a sexy two-seater coupé or something larger to get the family down to the south of France during these upcoming summer holidays?
Consider your day-to-day trips, too. Do you really need a 4x4 if the only driving you do is in and around town? Perhaps you are betted matched with a hot hatchback or smaller MPV?
Equally, on a longer journey with many motorways, a bigger engine may be vital, especially if you are towing. And what about fuel? The cost of petrol consumption is a big consideration and deciding what kind of driving you are going to do will help decide whether you want a petrol or diesel engine. A recent investigation by watchdog organisation, Which?, tested identical diesel and petrol vehicles and calculated the annual fuel bill for each. In four of the six examples, the petrol engine was the best choice for a driver covering around 11,000 miles a year. If you do fewer miles than this, petrol will almost always be the best choice. We can offer all technical information with every car we supply.
Also, make sure you do the maths! What money do you have to spend? Try to work out your budget, factor in road tax and insurance and running costs, too, and, most of all, be honest with yourself what you can afford. We also accept cars in part exchange so please do pop in if you wish to discuss these options
Take a look at our testimonials on this website to read the experience of other customers. We are here to steer you in the right direction when purchasing your dream vehicle – we don’t even charge for that service! – and it always comes with a smile.